Grand Canyon University Safety School?

Hello! My D21 has applied to direct admit nursing programs in California. With such a low acceptance rate of about 2%, we are looking for a safety school. Had someone suggest GCU and wondering if anyone has any feedback or other suggestions? Thank you!

I live in Arizona and know some kids that have gone through the GCU nursing program. You need to have a 3.75 to get into the nursing program foe their Junior year. It is doable but there are some kids that don’t get in because of their GPA. The campus is nice with really nice dorms but the area around it is not the greatest. There is campus security so only students are allowed on campus. This fall semester most of the classes were in-person. It would be good to apply as a safety school. Merit awards are generous.

@azparent18 Thank you very much for the feedback. I have a lot of colleagues who have went through the online RN to BSN program at GCU, but none for pre license nursing. With the acceptance rate so low at the UCs and CSUs here in California, I am surprised that I do not see more discussion about GCU. GCU appears to have a great NCLEX pass rate. I was concerned about the area and safety, but I guess that is a concern anywhere we are sending our kids off to. My daughter has applied and will keep as a safety school. Her GPA is competative and has a wide array of EC, just not sure what to expect with the test blind situation here in California, with the UCs and CSUs. Guess we will see come March. Thanks again!