Guaranteed Housing Deadline - March 1

<p>Since we still have not heard back from all the schools D applied to, I was a little hesitant to fill out the housing application since there is a $150 non-refundable application fee. Called the school and was told that if we applied for housing by March 1 D would definitely get a room. I went ahead and did it since I don’t want to have to come up with off campus housing for a freshman. I was also told that there are around 6,000 rooms on campus and they have already assigned over half of them since returning students can apply earlier. I am now wondering if this is just a way to get people on the hook early or if there really is a shortage of rooms on campus.</p>

<p>My D did the same thing samsmomo. It killed me to plop down the $150 non-refundable deposit, but she wanted to make sure she got into an honor dorm in the event that she goes to Arizona. She ended up getting her #2 choice which is an honor dorm. I guess her #1 choice must have already been filled!</p>

<p>How long did your D have to wait for the room assignment? Also, I noticed that the housing application doesn’t really attempt to match kids up with like-minded roommates. The only question I saw was regarding smoking. Do they just assign rooms willy nilly?</p>

<p>I tried to get onto my account but it was down but I found my receipt email for the $150 and we paid that on the 20th of Feb. We checked D’s account a few days ago and it had the assigned dorm listed. So for us it was only about a week before she had an assignment. We were both surprised that there wasn’t more care into matching up room mates. At least they should ask if you are a morning person or a night owl. We have a family friend that is a junior at Arizona and loves it although she had a terrible room mate situation her freshman year, but the staff was quick to respond. I guess room mate issues can happen anywhere:) Maybe there is an additional questionnaire as the final assignments near. My D is not sure if she will be at Arizona so it would be a waste of time for them to match up students until further into the enrollment process.</p>

<p>The roommate assignments are very random at Arizona. Arizona is trying ■■■■■■■■ this year which is almost like a dating website for roommates. If you find a potential match, you can talk to them and get to know them and then put in a roommate request. The roommate requests are mostly taken into account but only if it is mutual. Additionally, on the Arizona Class of 2016 official Facebook page, people are looking for roommates based on common interests.</p>

<p>Thanks Lolar7 for the useful information!</p>

<p>Ds got his first choice and already has a room assignment at Arbol. I am waiting to see how much the rates have been raised for 2012.:frowning: Anyway he is currently doing the facebook roommate search.</p>

<p>Did they just automatically assign honors college students into Arbol de la vida? Cause I submitted a housing request a while ago & Arbol wasn’t even on my top 5…</p>

<p>No they do not… I put it as my first and I was put into Yuma </p>

<p>Sent from my VS910 4G using CC App</p>

<p>Oh okay thanks. I’m probably not gonna go to u of a so if I drop out of Arbol maybe you will get my spot (:</p>

<p>D was just given her housing assignment and sadly it wasn’t any of the 5 choices she put down. Does anyone know if there is a waiting list for other dorms since there will likely be students that applied and were assigned housing that will not end up attending UofA. She was hoping to be on the east side of campus but was given a room on the west side. Should we just be grateful that she even got a room?</p>

<p>I was just there this weekend and they said housing was 70% full. I am sure the top dorms are full. My S was thrilled with his choice of Arbol De La Vida, the new honors dorm. He had an overnight there and loved it. He said the students in that dorm were smart and friendly.<br>
U of A does not have dorm space for everyone. If you think you might send your student there, I would sign them up for a room now. 80% of the students in dorms are freshman. The rest of the rooms are filled with upperclassmen.</p>

<p>My D was just accepted to U of A yesterday, and we paid the $150 housing deposit today just to be safe. She has not accepted admission. Can anyone comment on how long a room space can be held for her on the $150 deposit alone? When is the next deadline, and how much is the next deposit? We could not find this information on the website.</p>

<p>Next she will get an email telling her when she can self assign to a residence hall. After self assigning, you have about 2 weeks (they will give you the exact date) to make your $200 deposit. This is refundable as long as you tell them in writing by May 1.</p>

<p>We just did my daughters housing assignment yesterday. Likens, Arbol. PSP, Cineaga, Puente, Sonora all full as well as the other Honors dorm which name is escaping me. Coronado, apparently has a lot of rooms still. Not sure why that is not a popular dorm with the big remodel that just took place. My dd was not interested in that dorm because it is known as a party dorm.</p>

<p>I have friends who still haven’t heard. This my first choice, and I’m in, but hoping some of them are in. Anyone still waiting? Or is everyone just doing housing, etc.</p>

<p>My daughter has one friend who is still waiting to hear if she got accepted but she applied late. You have until May 1 to apply so my guess is there are some kids who haven’t applied yet.</p>