Harvard Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

If an interview cannot be arranged, it will not impact the application.

also wanted to ask something real quick,
is without sat/act applications considered differently also then what is the acceptance rate of students who got into Harvard without standardized test.

Nobody outside of admissions knows, and they are not telling.

Test scores provide another data point, but the applications are not considered differently.

1 Like

is it true: SAT scores and GPA are only considered to see if that student can handle the course offered at Harvard if s/he gets accepted. And, other factors such as ECA, honors, essays, LOR determines studentā€™s acceptance

Has anyone in the state of Michigan received an interview? If so when?

When my accepted kid saw their file from last year, there was absolutely no mention of kidā€™s 36 ACT score. There was some mention of an upward trend in academic achievement. The admissions officers seemed interested in adverse circumstances and kidā€™s ability to continue to achieve at a high level despite those circumstances. And they wanted to know how the alumni interview had gone, and what the faculty evaluator thought of kidā€™s special supplement submission. My impression is that what determined kidā€™s acceptance was their desire to have kid continue that special interest on campus, in campus programs.

9 Likes

Hey! Have you got an interview request?

Specially international students

when its the last date you could recieve an interview

Where are you located, state/region?

Not yet :-/

I remember seeing somewhere that Harvard admits had a 70%+ rate of submitting test scores. While Collegeboard showed only 55% submitted test scores for all college applicants. What the rate is for Harvard applicants and no test scores, donā€™t know.

Iā€™m an Indian as well, and I applied REA this year. I applied really early (around mid October. I did submit a couple of supplement materials in November, through my Applicant Portal.) Apparently, nobody from India has received a request for an interview yet. Is that true? How late is too late? And what is the unofficial final date to get one? I heard that itā€™s a good sign if an international student gets an interview very late, how true is that?

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

So i am your average high school studentā€¦16 years old, I make good aā€™s and bā€™s, donā€™t take AP classes or honors, I havenā€™t taken the act yet - but I am graduating early and I applied to Harvard. I can - tho - for some reason, write a really, really good essay. I just got an interview along with my application for EA and I donā€™t understand why. There is nothing interesting about me - I donā€™t reflect anything suburb. Actually I am far from talented. But everyone says an interview is a wonderful thing - but from what I have heard - it is nothing particularly important. Can I have some details?- because I am so confused.

1 Like

Interviews are more for alum engagement than for screening applicants. However, there is a alum interview section in the application report that regional AOs have to fill out before they submit the application to the full committee for a vote , which takes place after Thanksgiving. So, an alum interview must be there in the file for a candidate to advance to the next round. But having an interview does not mean the application will go to the full committee; it just means that the regional alums are more available for interviews.

2 Likes

Is that only for domestic students

No.

I think that they try to have an alumni interview all applicants, assuming that they have enough interviewers available. I would not look at this as a sign that you have made it past a certain culling of the herd.

Fairfax County, VA

1 Like

Thank you!