Harvey Mudd Regular Decision Class of 2024

I have not seen this thread. So starting it here.
My DS has applied to Harvey Mudd RD. His stats
SAT: 1580
Math II - 800
Physics - 800
He is doing IBDP with Math HL, Economics HL, Physics HL and Chemistry SL, Spanish SL and English Language and Literature SL with a predicted score of 43/45. An A in TOK and Extended Essay in math
ECs - Built and launched a game over 1 year, built a ML model for his school to predict IB scores, volunteered in eye foundation rehab center and is now building a app using google voice as a teaching aid for blind kids. School editor in Grade 11 and 12.
Good recommendations and good essays.

What do you think are his realistic chances? He didn’t want to do ED here although it is one of his top choices right now along with CMU.

Good luck to your son! He certainly sounds like a motivated, accomplished, and interesting person. I would think he would have a reasonable chance, though the reality is that they have to turn away some extremely qualified applicants. College admission is a hard thing to predict, and it’s even harder waiting to hear!

Applying as a math major:

SAT I (breakdown): 1600 (one sitting, no essay)
ACT (breakdown): 36 C (one sitting, 36 on each section, 11/12 on writing)
SAT II: 800 Math 2, 800 Physics. 800 Lit, 790 Chem, 800 Bio M
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): I split time between two different schools, one that had a GPA on 4.0 scale, and the other on a 100 point scale. If I had to approximate, I’d say 3.8
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): Top 10%
AP (place score in parenthesis): 5 BC Calc, 5 Chem, 5 Physics C Mechanics, 5 English Language, 5 World History, 5 US History, 5 Stats, 4 Bio,
IB (place score in parenthesis):
Senior Year Course Load: Linear Algebra, Organic Chemistry, AP CompSci, Senior English (everyone takes it), Intro to Architecture
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): National AP Scholar, NMS Commended

Places I’ve already heard back from: (Cornell ED-Rejected, Caltech EA-Rejected, MIT EA-Rejected)

YEEZUS JUST ROSE AGAIN

derakiii33, you’re insane! I can’t believe those schools rejected you. Good luck on this and any other outstanding applications.

Also, vgulla, I agree with starting this thread, but nice Trojan for your chance me :wink:!

Decisions will probably be out Friday 6 PM EST. Good luck to everyone applying; this is one of my top choices so I hope I get in.

With the 2 week extension to the due date for applications I am guessing we are looking at 3/20. Did you get this information directly from HMC?

Even with the 2 week extension, ED II decisions still came out on time. I’m guessing that the extension was because they did not get as many applications as expected (a lot of schools had their numbers go down this year). Harvey Mudd has been pretty consistent with their release timings, and I wouldn’t expect that to change, especially if they got ED II out in less than a month.

You are right! The latest blog post states “For current applicants awaiting their admission decisions, we do not anticipate that the current changes will affect our ability to release our admission decisions as planned on Friday, March 13th at 6 PM EDT.”
And so we wait…

It is 6 pm Pacific

We are releasing admission decisions for our Regular Decision applicants this Friday, March 15 at 6:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time.

We are releasing admission decisions for our Regular Decision applicants this Friday, March 13 at 6:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time. You will receive your application decision in the Hub.

Today’s the day. Good luck y’all

My son got rejected :frowning:

My son got accepted!! Thank you Harvey Mudd.

waitlisted. Honestly not mad at all, wrote my essays the day of ?

Waitlisted

Waitlisted as well.

Daughter waitlisted?

4.0/4.92
Math 2 800, Physics 800

Many STEM extracurriculars, COSMOS, internship at UCI Bio Eng,Tutor, STEM program volunteer, MUN leadership
Strong letters of rec and she felt really good about on campus interview

Hard to understand, wonder if different outcome with ED

Son waitlisted.
3.96/4.55
Math2-800, Chem-800

Accepted. Not the best stats, but my essays were solid.
Just wondering, did other accepted students have the following paragraph in the letter?
“Our favorite thing to read in your admission application is the reason why you chose Harvey Mudd. For so many, that reason is derived from our Mission: that we seek “to educate engineers, scientists, and mathematicians well versed in all of these areas and in the humanities, social sciences and the arts so that they may assume leadership in their fields with a clear understanding of the impact of their work on society.””