HELP!!! CAP at UT, BLINN at A&M, or Pet Eng at OU

<p>Dude I had the same options and chose to go Blinn Team at A&M. I got into the engineering program with a 3.6somthing GPA after spending 3 semesters there getting all my basics done. Blinn isn’t that hard as long as you just put in good work hours, but its not a walk in the park. There are a good amount of professors at Blinn who also teach at A&M.
Also, if you are Blinn Team you get a lot of A&M privileges such as sports passes, rec center, etc. even all greek life accepts blinn team which was pretty cool.<br>
Also Blinn Classes and CAP program classes are pretty cheap. </p>

<p>CAP program for UT doesn’t necessarily mean that you will get into the engineering school I don’t think but you will get into the university. Blinn Team can get you straight into the engineering school. </p>

<p>Also don’t listen to the BS about having a 4.0 for getting into Petroleum at TAMU. Even though I had a 3.6 something, the engineering school advisors at A&M say that a 3.5 is pretty much guaranteed. Anything lower than a 3.3 is not going to be considered. </p>

<p>If anything just contact one of the engineering school advisors they are super laid back and really nice and will tell you everything that you need to know. Also while you are at Blinn you can easily keep in contact with them to find out everything that you need to do. </p>

<p>OU is a great school but crazy expensive. Got a couple friends there paying full price out-of-state tuition. They love it, but they aren’t engineering majors so I couldn’t really help you out there.
@ledezmas77</p>

<p>ledezmas77, you are obviously a thoughtful individual considering the very real issues of “where do the dollars come from” for my college education. Also, as you well know, students very often change majors once they get to college. Your petroleum engineering major may become some other great major for you down the road. But if you decide that petroleum engineering seems to be a good fit for you now, your OU option at this point is an amazing one. Apart from the possible job satisfaction, as I’m sure you are aware, petroleum engineer grads are golden on the job market and will stay that way four - six years from now. I was kind of in your shoes way back when I transferred to the University of Chicago as an undergrad and my blue collar family did not have the bucks to pay for it. Somehow it worked out with some student loans I had to pay back over some years. But it was worth it. Only you can be the judge about your financial situation and what may be possible re attending OU or not. But if petroleum engineering is what you really want at this point, please work hard with the OU Financial Aid folks because with a pe degree or another engineering degree, hopefully your student loan debt would be manageable. Easy for me to say, I know, but the OU petroleum engineering option is an amazing opportunity if you were able to work it financially.</p>

<p>ledezmas77, you said: “I am scared to make a decision I will later regret.” You know yourself better than anyone. It is highly likely with your work ethic and smarts that you will thrive at A&M starting with Blinn, UT starting with CAP or OU. This post is to urge you to take a reasonable risk and follow your dreams wherever they take you. If A&M or UT was indeed a dream for you, then go for it. If petroleum engineering is a dream for you, then do your dangdest to go for it at OU. My dream at age 19 was to attend the University of Chicago. I had doubts for various reasons: my education was only the basics from a small town high school so I had doubts about how well I would do academically, U of C was in a “rough” city neighborhood with gangs close by so I had concerns about personal safety, the constant questions each semester about how I would pay. But it was my dream. Somehow it worked out. You have great options in all three A&M, UT, and OU. You are going to survive and thrive at any of the three. But don’t shortchange your dreams whatever those are. Take a reasonable risk and go for it. </p>

<p>@captaind543 - What is your engineering major discipline?</p>