Help for choosing majors

<p>I want to major in nursing; however, UC Davis and Cal do not provide any nursing programs. Therefore, I do not know what to declare as my major now. I am thinking about psychology, but I heard that is not really related to nursing. Please help.</p>

<p>I’m confused? </p>

<p>If you want to go into Nursing you have to go to a school with a Nursing program unless you want to get a degree in something and then go back to either a 2 year Nursing School or a 4 year BSN program. </p>

<p>I’m not aware there is any other way to do this unless Med/Dental where the UG program is just to get you prepared for Professional school and the actual major is relatively unimportant to the long term goal.</p>

<p>Psychology has nothing to do with nursing, you should make up your mind and stick to only one major/career. There are many schools in California that has nursing programs, you don’t necessary have to go to Cal or UC Davis.
What you can also do is to take your general eds somewhere else and then apply to another school to get your BSN or RN degree.</p>

<p>Have you contacted the Betty Irene Moore school of nursing (BIMSON)? This is UCD’s new grad school for Nursing, but they were scheduled to open a BSN program in 2011.</p>

<p>Why not go to UCI or UCLA? They both have nursing programs, or a CSU for that matter.</p>

<p>I guess the real question is why do you want to go to UC Davis and Cal?</p>