Help! Making a Decision Sight Unseen!

Well, thanks to Covid, my D will be making her college choice without visiting campus. Based on all the wonderful feedback we’ve been given about UArts, she seems pretty confident that it is the right choice for her. We still have questions for current students/parents:

1. What are the performance opportunities like at the school for freshman (vs sophomores and up)?
  2. What should she consider when choosing the dorm of her choice?
  3. How are roommates assigned?
  4. Are classes in acting for the camera available?
  5. What other information should an incoming freshman who has never visited the campus consider when making a decision about committing four years to UArts??

Also, if you are or have a current UArts MT student who is willing to FaceTime with my daughter, please PM me. She would be so appreciative!

I can’t answer your questions but as a mom of a prospective animation student, I can tell you that our visit to the campus in early February made me feel very comfortable about my son attending UArts. The neighborhood was incredibly vibrant and felt safe, amid old brick townhomes and lots of thriving shops (at least thriving at the time, LOL!) I think the admissions office would happily put your daughter in touch with a current student since they know we can’t attend Admit One on April 4 (at least not in person). The dorms are very unique – at least the ones that we toured when we were there. They are older buildings with a kitchenette and bathroom in the actual dorm room (rather than going to the hall bathroom). I hope that helps a bit!

@CCEdit_Torrey Thank you!