Help with class location at University of Alabama?

<p>I am a first year student and am worried about a pre-calculus class I have in Lloyd Hall. I live pretty far across campus from Lloyd Hall, and my parking permit is in the Northeast lot, so I don’t think it would be sufficient to park from there to get to Lloyd Hall. The rest of my classes are a very short walk from my place, besides this one.</p>

<p>I am also confused as to why my pre-cal class is in this building, when it says Lloyd Hall is a chemistry department building. Is this a mistake??</p>

<p>No, Lloyd Hall is a common classroom building for the STEM classes. Son is a mechanical engineering major and has had several classes there.</p>

<p>The day before classes, you should walk your classes. Familiarize yourself with where they all are and how long it takes you to get from one to the other. Even a slow walking big guy can get from one end of the campus to the other in the ten minutes between classes. It’s a great way to keep off the Freshman 15!</p>

<p>Thank you! Also, I have a pre-calculus lab in Tutwiler. I was wondering if I could park in the tutwiler parking lot with a northeast parking permit, without getting a ticket. Is this possible or will I have to walk/ride a bike?</p>

<p>Do you live by Publix?</p>

<p>Before you decide to park elsewhere, check which lot(s) you can use with your particular permit. </p>

<p>What does your permit say? Is it a certain color? If so, what?<br>
Do you have a commuter parking permit or a residential permit?
<a href=“http://bamaparking.ua.edu/pages/parkingmaps.html[/url]”>http://bamaparking.ua.edu/pages/parkingmaps.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>It’s not unusual for students to have a class on the other side of the Quad. The bldgs around the Quad often have frosh/soph classes…many Core classes.</p>

<p>Yes I live right by Publix. I wanted a West commuter permit but they were sold out by the time it let me register, so I went with the Northeast commuter permit.</p>

<p>you can’t park in Tutwiler, that’s not your zone.</p>

<p>Look at the NE commuter parking areas. Go to the link above, and click on NE commuter…then zoom in and look at the right area of campus and find where it says NE Commuter (under where it says Bryce Hospital) and there will be lines fanning out pointing the NE Commuter lots. It looks like there are several lots and you’d take the Crimson Ride to where you’d need to be.</p>

<p>If you live right by Publix that commuter parking pass is worthless. Get a refund ASAP! You will be parking on the otherside of campus at a distance further away from most of your classes than where you live right now.</p>

<p>Feenotype is correct. Publix is in really easy walking distance of both Tut and Lloyd Hall. Most students would walk (rather than use the Crimson Ride) for both of those locations from the general vicinity of Publix. Whatever you do, don’t try to drive to class. You don’t have a parking permit that will allow you to get any closer to your classes than where you currently live. Walking/biking to class is a right of passage in college. Don’t expect to be able to park right outside of the building where you have classes. To the extent that there is even parking available, that parking is reserved for faculty or for residents of the University operated housing near by.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice! I walked to all of my classes today and found out where they were…it wasn’t nearly as far a walk as I thought it would be. I am going to register a bike to make it even quicker.</p>