Hep Choosing a School for Nursing

Hi Everyone!

I am a senior in high school and applied to a pretty broad range of schools for 4 year direct-admit nursing. So far, I have been accepted into all the schools I have applied to (listed below), but I have to wait to hear from SDSU, UCLA, and UC Irvine. With the following as options, I am unsure as to which school would be best for me. With that said, ASU and TCU probably aren’t the best fit for me, but I would still love to hear information you have on any of the following schools.

Arizona State University
Texas Christian University
University of San Francisco
Case Western Reserve University
Saint Louis University
Seattle University
University of Portland

Does anyone have experience with any of these colleges, either for nursing or in general? I am struggling to figure out which school would suit me best.

Thank you in advance!

I posted this in a general college thread but figured I may get more responses if I posted it in this thread as well…I’m new to CC:)

I think many of these schools are comparable in terms of nursing. I know, however, that Case Western is probably the most prestigious school on your list in terms of nursing reputation. All these institutions will give you a good nursing education, so you should consider where you want to be in the next four years. The surrounding area of USF will be very liberal while the surrounding area of TCU will be very conservative. You have to take these factors into account.

Are you more interested in the CA schools? What were your stats?

You can find some positive comments on this discussion forum from the recent past about Case Western, if you do a search. Cleveland is a major health care center, and the Cleveland Clinic is near the University.

Here’s a recent post I found about Case Western on a search of this site:

11-20-2016
I hear about the nursing program at Case from my son’s friends. (He is a senior in math) Nursing is very rigorous and practical. There is a lot of time spent in actual patient care during the four years. The beginning does include changing bed pans, and focuses on all the tasks needed to learn good patient care. The new Case/Cleveland Clinic medical campus is scheduled to open in 2017, and will make the nursing program even better as it will consolidate dental, nursing and medical curriculums and patient care, and have some psychology/social worker programs too. Its a forward thinking medical education model, and located near Cleveland Clinic on Euclid, which is walking distance to campus. University Hospitals is on campus and nursing students are working there. I know a sophomore and a senior nursing student and they are both very happy. The sophomore is part of a sorority but lives in a south campus dorm, as the sorority house life does not appeal to her. The other is a senior living with physics and engineering students in the north campus housing. It seems this program will lead to a great job, the senior has offers on the west coast.

Here is one link to news about the new medical campus, across from Cleveland Clinic and just a bit south and west of the new Maltz performing arts center. Cleveland and Case are building a greenway between Maltz Performing Arts Center and the main campus as well, to make it easier to walk to this new medical center. There is a busy road, MLK running between campus and this new medical center.

http://cwru-newmed.com/info/