Highest Ranking GPA Scholarship

Has anyone had the Highest Ranking GPA Scholarship show up in your My Finances tab yet? I’ve read online that high schools receive the form in April for it. Has anyone gotten a copy or notification about the scholarship yet? I don’t want to email my daughter’s high school to ask if they’ve submitted it yet. I tend to want things done “yesterday” and I am trying to practice patience. :slight_smile: BUT, if others have it on credit in My Finances, I will email tomorrow!

@TXRunningMom what is the Highest Ranking Scholarship? Wouldn’t that be the Valedictorian? If so, how could any school submit that, until final transcripts are out?

@52AG82 , the Highest Ranking GPA isn’t always the Valedictorian. Some schools have additional requirements for Valedictorian such as having attended that high school for 4 years. It can easily happen that the Valedictorian doesn’t have the highest GPA because someone transferred to a school after freshman year. At any rate, our school has completed final exams and had graduation so I am just moving on to the next thing on the to-do list. It does make sense that the form would include the final transcript.

My D18 is at UT, not TAMU but it should work the same way. D was given an actual certificate by the school district, but when I called UT they said the certification is usually picked up electronically, when the school submits their info to the state.

@ollie113 , thank you so much! Do you remember when she got the certificate? I’m just worried about the ball being dropped. Final transcripts came out on last Monday and we haven’t heard anything about the scholarship from the school.

They gave me the form at graduation practice. I just checked my file, and UT did not update D18’s tuition exemption until August 20!