Hillsdale College Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Hillsdale College offers Early Decision but does not offer Early Action for freshman admissions.

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for Hillsdale College is November 1.

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by December 1. Last year, Hillsdale College admitted 116 of the 188 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 61.7%.

For more information visit the Hillsdale College page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Hillsdale College applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Hillsdale College? Why Hillsdale College? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Hillsdale College topics visit the hillsdale-college tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Hillsdale College Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

Denied ED. 34 ACT 3.9 Full IB Great ECs

I am so sorry you did not get the response you were wanting. Can you tell a little more about your application process? Did you interview in person, etc? Did you receive notification online?

Regular decision notifications are out. I’m at school so I’m not checking until I am home later today, but I applied in early October and just received an email. This thread is a bit dead and I know it’s ED, but hopefully someone can see this!

1 Like

Accepted, 1460 SAT, fairly decent extracurriculars imo, top 2% of my class at catholic high school. Emphasized conservative values in my essays especially freedom of speech and how many institutions don’t teach the “best” of history and instead focus on how America is inherently racist. Interview was iffy (accidentally admitted to something that is illegal and my interviewer started messing with me lol) but I guess it wasn’t a red flag. States I received a merit scholarship which I’ll find details about in the mail!

^^I applied regular decision also, although I recognize this thread is ED!

3 Likes

$20,500 yearly merit scholarship!

2 Likes

My daughter applied for early decision for fall 2022 and was just accepted. She will be an athlete for the school, and she did sign an NCAA Letter of Intent with Hillsdale in November shortly after her application was submitted. But she still went go through the full application process beforehand. She did a full-day on-campus visit, interviewed, took one of Hillsdale’s online courses, and even won one of Hillsdale’s essay contests for high school students…on top of meeting with the coach and discussing her involvement on the team. On her application, she focused her essays on the unique distance learning school she attends, the classics-based education she has been receiving and will continue to receive at Hillsdale, and the Biblical principles she has been raised with. She is a 4.0 student with a 4.5 weighted GPA, 10 AP courses, and a 30 ACT.

4 Likes

Congrats to her and your family, that’s so exciting!!