Hispanic half black half white?

<p>I'm 100% Brazilian (born and raised) and my mom is half black and half Amazonian and my father is white.( I live in the US and I'm a citizen)
Would this increase my chances of getting into college? I'm interested in the sciences. I'm also a girl</p>

<p>Does this have anything to do with college admissions?</p>

<p>If you look at the CA (which uses the US Census definitions), you will see that for college admissions, students with Brazilian backgrounds aren’t considered Hispanic. </p>

<p>Racially, from the information you have provided, you could mark the Black/AA, AI/AN and white categories. AA is considered URM for college admissions. NA/AN is also considered URM, however this category is mainly aimed towards students with North American tribal affiliations; and colleges are more strict about documentation of status for this group.</p>

<p>How much being a URM might help you in college admissions depends on many other factors. See the threads linked to in the Resources sticky thread at the top of this forum under Hispanic Applicants and College Admissions for some discussion (some of the factors are Hispanic specific, others are more general).</p>

<p>Scholarships can be different as programs have their own definitions of Hispanic. For instance, Brazilian background qualifies for NHRP. You need to check each scholarship for their specific definition.</p>

<p>I know Brazilian a lot of time isn’t counted as Hispanic but Latino and those to are in the same category most of the time. Does that make a difference?</p>

<p>Hispanic/Latino are interchangeable terms for college admissions purposes, see post #1 of the Definition sticky thread.</p>

<p>Please note an important point in one of the threads I directed you to earlier: one major factor in who is considered a URM and how much impact it will make is the college. There’s going to be a difference between a selective college that receives applications from many highly qualified URMs and colleges that have a difficult time recruiting and retaining URMs.</p>

<p>While you cannot mark Hispanic on the CA, you can discuss your diverse background in essays, demonstrate it in your ECs, etc.</p>