Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards -- scholarships funded?

<p>Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question, but I'm hoping someone can help. My D won a bronze medal in the HHYA for the Miami region in 2011. The scholarship was due to be funded at the beginning of the spring semester of her freshman year (January 2013). She has tried emailing and calling the Hispanic Heritage Foundation to no avail. Has anyone been in contact recently and/or received this award from the 2011 scholarship cycle? Thanks!</p>

<p>We are having the exact same experience. My son is a recipient for the same year.</p>

<p>Update – After several phone calls and emails, my D finally was contacted in late February asking for some basic information to process the scholarship. My D received her check from HHYA the first week of April. PM me if you need any additional info.</p>

<p>This gives me hope…I’m glad your D received her scholarship check. We are still waiting and have had no reply to many voice messages and emails.</p>

<p>Thank you for PMing the info to me…I was unable to reply still privately. My son finally was contacted by HHYA a few days after returning home from his freshman year. Hopefully the check will be sent soon.</p>

<p>Super late thread. But has anyone heard back from the DC region for this years awards? </p>

Exactly, I submitted my application, and I didn’t at least receive an email for the DC region winners.