Hispanic Scholarship Fund 2022

Does anyone have any idea when final decisions might come out for HSF? My son applied and submitted materials for phase 2 of the application process. I thought I’d seen that scholarship decisions would come out sometime in June. Has anyone been through this process before?

No help here, but waiting to hear also.

1 Like

Not a peep

No idea. Every time we checked the status, they kept extending the deadlines for submittals (references and documents). Last we saw, they were still accepting portions of Phase II in early June. Now we can’t see any status at all when she logs into her account. Can anybody see any status?

2 Likes

That’s true about the deadlines. We can’t see any status updates. Nothing on his portal. I’ve been asking him regularly but no news yet.

I’m actually a bit discouraged now bc rereading the information on their website, it does say that many students will be awarded Scholar status without a monetary award. So at this point, I’m preparing myself for that result.

1 Like

There is some potential benefit to that as well, because of the resources that would be available. Also, it is something that could be used on other applications. From scanning some old threads, although they sometimes released in mid to late June, it seems like it was not unusual for students to be notified in July as well. The fact that they kept extending deadlines makes me think this year’s results are more likely to come in July. I checked their social media (twitter and insta) and there is no mention at all.

2 Likes

You’re right, I hadn’t considered that he’ll be able to mark down being a Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholar on future applications for internships or jobs. Hopefully that’s the case anyway. If he made it to the second phase, I’m hoping he’ll at least be named a scholar.

2 Likes

My D22 received notification this morning that she has been selected as an 2022 HSF Scholar. Process still not complete, but the finish line is in sight. Says she has been selected to receive a scholarship between $500 & $5000, but she wont know how much until she completes the final steps. So possibly not until after she verifies enrollment after classes begin in early September. Or maybe you find out how much after the FAAL is sent in. Anyway, it’s a good day regardless of amount because there are other benefits. The last two scholarships she heard from she did not get and this is the only National one out of those 3.

1 Like

Congrats to your daughter! My son hasn’t received an email yet and his portal wasnt showing anything new today until a few minutes ago. It is now displaying a message that says we need to upload his financial letter or documents or something like that. But we haven’t received any such letter or document. So we are eagerly waiting for one! At least that was the first sign of new activity in weeks!

I would suggest checking junk mail, because the financial aid letter is what they ask for if you were selected as far as I know. I haven’t seen her portal yet, still at work.

Ok, so the requested document is the financial aid letter from his college. I looked more closely at the information posted on the portal. It looks like they are verifying financial need to determine amount to be distributed, perhaps. But there’s no mention that he is officially a HSF scholar but hopefully we’re on the right track.

Today D22 received the email with the notification as 2022 HSF Scholar. It doesn’t say that she has been selected to receive a scholarship, but that she has “been placed on the waitlist to receive a financial award. If more funding becomes available, you will receive a scholarship award that will range from $500 to $5,000, based on your financial need, that will enhance the Scholar benefits”. She has to complete the two final steps as well.

1 Like

So those that have heard they were selected, is that sent in an email and posted on the portal as well. Or just in an email?

Oh so there’s a waitlist as well. This is good to know. Maybe that’s where my son falls into. Bc I’ve asked him repeatedly to check his email and he says he has nothing from them. So i don’t know what to think. I will ask about his spam folder.

Her HSF dashboard doesn’t have any other change or notification, other than the Document Uploads form to be completed and a message with “The deadline to upload your financial aid award letter is July 22, 2022, 5:00 PM PT…”

1 Like

So from what I have read in previous year’s threads, if I recall correctly, if you are on the waitlist you are still a scholar, you just haven’t received a scholarship. But there is still potential to receive a scholarship, you will see some people post in Decemeber that they just received notification of a scholarship. The scholarship money doesn’t come in til like February or March anyway. It as a waitlisted scholar you still get all the other benefits. Even as a scholarship winner there is potential obviously of low-end $500, but I still wonder if once they get people’a FAALs they say you are a scholar winner but we are granting no cash scholarship. So- all that to say, being on the waitlist although maybe not the outcome you hoped for, is still a very good thing because from what I understand, you get all the other same benefits and still have potential to get a cash scholarship.

2 Likes

My D22s has the same document upload and the message center has a message to upload the document by the deadline but doesn’t say anything else. At the top of the document upload it does say “2022 - 23 HSF Scholar Program Application”

2 Likes

My son’s dashboard is showing this exactly, as of this afternoon. But as I’ve mentioned, he has not received an email and I just went through his email and junk folder with him. No luck.

Her school gave her a generous financial aid, so no hope that she will receive more money. Anyways, she is a scholar and we are happy to receive the notification.

1 Like

Contact HSF through the message center,

1 Like