Hispanic Scholarship Fund Essay

<p>Hello! I have not been able to apply to the HSF General Scholarship and the deadline is this Saturday! Of course, I want to apply to other scholarships but I need to get through this one first, so time is a big factor. So my question is, does anybody know if the other scholarship applications require their own essays and if so, on average how many essays does each application usually require?</p>

<p>I would think that as long as their deadlines have not passed, the scholarship websites will have their applications posted along with the essays required. Have you checked them?</p>

<p>The applications do not say whether there are required essays, so I’m not sure</p>

<p>The applications should state whether or not they want essays, but it seems very strange that a scholarship application wouldn’t require essays at all. Can you give an example of one of the scholarships you’re interested in?</p>

<p>The application that I need to complete before I start any others is called the HSF General College Scholarship. Another is the HSF/Wells Fargo scholarship. And yeah, I was looking through the requirements and I didn’t catch anything about required essays, it’s odd.</p>

<p><a href=“https://apply.hsf.net/applications/id.41/default.asp[/url]”>https://apply.hsf.net/applications/id.41/default.asp&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Looks to me like you have to log in and fill in your Academic Profile. Then, IF you meet the eligibility criteria, you will THEN fill out the General application. After that, you will be see what other scholarships you qualify for, and will be able to view those applications, which will list any essays that are required.</p>

<p>Oh ok thanks!</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>My son mentioned that the deadline changed from 12/15 to 12/17. So you may have a couple of days extra to submit. Good luck.</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T999 using CC</p>

<p>Mine says the deadline is now 12-17 but the date is not consistent through the website and I can’t find anywhere that HSF has posted that they extended their deadline this year.</p>

<p>Yeah, I noticed that too. The General scholarship is the only one whose deadline was December 15 that is still open, but I’m not too sure that if I submit it, it would still be eligible</p>