Historically Black Sororities

<p>I work with many ladies who are proud alumna of Alpha Kappa Alpha (AKA) which sport their pink and green, as well as the Delta ladies (Delta Sigma Theta) - the Theta ladies who wear red. They represent wonderful sororities that have a rich tradition passed down through generations. In fact, I work with many ladies who belong to these historically Black sororities. You can call me a stupid person, but I will ask my question- how have these long-standing Black organizations tried to recruit members of other ethnicities? I don’t think they have- but their time has come. They are not exempt from trying to promote diversity. Are they???</p>

<p>are there many Asians in frat/sororities?</p>

<p>From their founding these groups have accepted members of any race. But I think you misunderstand - NPHC methods of recruiting are quite different from “historically white” sororities’ and fraternities’ methods. The NPHC groups do not recruit. Aspirants must choose one group, thoroughly research it, meet as many of its members as possible, and participate in their charitable and civic activities before they may be considered. There is no one-event rush like the white groups.</p>