Honors Program Q

<p>Are admissions to the honors program rolling? If so, how long does it usually take for a decision?</p>

<p>Also, I was admitted a few weeks ago, but just re-took the ACT for another college. If my score is higher, can I send it to UW for consideration into their honors program, in a word, "update" my old score?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I nosed around the UW website and found the L&S Honors Program site- as in the past you can request an application for it if they don't send you one. There is a deadline to apply in early March, then they decide. This allows people who apply to UW by the Feb 1st deadline equal opportunity to get in as first semester freshmen. In the past it took them longer than they thought to make the decisions because most of the applications came in at the deadline (one person read them all, eliminating getting the easy or hard evaluator). Do send in a higher test score. Also, as stated in the UW website, you can get in at later semesters. As a potential honors student I leave it to you to navigate the site, they also can be e-mailed with questions.</p>

<p>ok, thanks, So I really won't know until April or so?</p>

<p>Also, does honors come with any merit money "incentives?"</p>

<p>Thanks so much wis, you're so helpful! I'll definitely look around on there this wknd.</p>

<p>No to the money- unless you count the possibility of some money available for research projects later. The idea is to take more challenging courses, do more for a course than the regular ones require- you do it to max out on your education. This is how public U's help better educate their best and brightest while still being available to the rest of the state's students.</p>

<p>Some L&S Honors admits are invited to apply for a limited number of scholarships. The app includes an essay. My son was fortunate enough to receive one of the awards for this year.</p>

<p>Scholarships</a> | Student Academic Affairs</p>

<p>Scholarships</a> | Student Academic Affairs</p>

<p>The scholarship app will be available next week on this link...</p>

<p>Badger Dad: looks the same, but has alittle more explanation....</p>