Honors program

<p>Firstly, what is the percentage of honor program applicants that actually get in? Secondly, does getting invited to apply for the program practically guarantee just getting into vt?</p>

<p>VA Tech is now doing honors a bit differently than they used to. Before you automatically made the cut if you had a certain SAT (think 1350) and good grades (3.9 or so weighted). Now, they require a separate application and more essays. My guess is that if the essays you submit are decent, and you meet the above criteria you will get accepted into honors. I suspect they changed the selection process to look for those kids with really good essays and hooks that just fell a bit short of the numbers.</p>

<p>As for getting, in, I would be surprised if VA Tech did not accept almost everyone they ask to submit an honors application because their numbers are much higher than the medians for SAT and GPA.</p>

<p>Getting into the honors program at Tech is very arbitrary in my option. People have got accepted to Johns Hopkins and did not get selected into VT honors. Also, I know someone who got a Rodman at UVA but didn’t make honors at Tech. Many of my hs classmates with 4.3 gpa’s and 2200+ sats didn’t make honors at VT. But if you don’t get into honors dont let that deter you as long as you get a 3.6 first semester in college you can transfer in. ([Admissions</a> to Honors | University Honors | Virginia Tech](<a href=“http://www.univhonors.vt.edu/html/admissions.html]Admissions”>http://www.univhonors.vt.edu/html/admissions.html))</p>

<p>Yeah im not going to transfer in. Im only going to consider tech if I get into the honors program and an honors scholarship to begin with.</p>

<p>You should still consider VT whether you make honors or not. There are still plenty of other scholarships available, especially once you are in college.</p>

<p>Even if you get into honors, you are not guaranteed a scholarship, and the scholarship isn’t that substantial anyway, at least for freshmen. You should look at other options for scholarships that VT offers, like the general/engineering scholarships.</p>