Honors vs. Regular Housing?

<p>First of all, Happy Thanksgiving, y’all! So I’ve paid my deposits, blah, blah, blah, everything’s good on that front. I just can’t decide between honors housing (brand new! shiny! pools! pretty! but… far! FAR!) and regular housing (GREEK! closer! more party-ish! but… old! UGLY!). Anybody have any insight? It’s a crazy dilemma for me, as I’m that odd NMF who can’t wait to rush.</p>

<p>sorority or fraternity? If sorority are you referring to Tutweiller?</p>

<p>You can still rush and be involved in Greek Life, while living in honors housing. My son is in a fraternity. He is NM. There are several Greek organizations that would love to have your commitment to academics as well as their activities. </p>

<p>Also, remember that if you choose regular housing as a freshman, you give up your chance of living in the honors housing your final three years.</p>

<p>Ridgecrest is 12 mins from new row fraternities. It looks far on the map, but it’s not too bad, plus a lot of people have cars.</p>

<p>As an NMF with free housing, I would definitely choose honors housing. </p>

<p>I don’t know which house you’re going to pledge, but perhaps Riverside East or Ridgecrest South would be best.</p>

<p>Are you a girl or boy?</p>

<p>Riverside East isn’t too far from new row frat houses. </p>

<p>Ridgecrest South isn’t awfully far from sorority houses.</p>

<p>The Crimson Ride can take you to any of them.</p>

<p>Are you bringing a car?</p>

<p>I’m a boy, and bringing a car miiiiight happen, but probably not. This is tough…</p>

<p>Nothing is too far, walking and biking will get you anywhere in a reasonable amount of time, plus the exercise is a bonus. I would definitely choose honors housing over non-honors. Have you seen the suites?? The huge advantage to the suites style of housing is having your own bedroom where you can study or just get some privacy. You will also have a lot more space than in a shared bedroom situation.</p>