Hotel Recommendations for Parent Preview

<p>I'm thinking it's a good time to book our hotel for my daughter's move in and Parent's Preview days. My daughter and I stayed at Hotel Monaco last trip. It was great, but I prefer more natural light in the room. Any recommendations?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>DW and stayed at the Hotel Fifty when it was a Sheraton and she returned with DD after the switchover. We had a room overlooking the river and it was nice. Another alternative is to look at some of the taller hotels and get a room on a higher floor.</p>

<p>Here’s the L&C list of hotels that offer special rates to L&C families:</p>

<p>[Places</a> to Stay - Visiting Campus - Lewis & Clark](<a href=“http://www.lclark.edu/visit/places_to_stay/]Places”>Places to Stay - Visiting Us - Lewis & Clark)</p>

<p>Do check with with any you might consider as they may have specials at better rates. We’ve stayed at hotels listed in the SW Portland area, more for shopping with a Costco and mall nearby. It’s a 10-15 minute drive to campus on the back roads.</p>

<p>Thanks - I looked up Hotel Fifty and it looked like a great location, so I booked it. Waiting for more info from the school, still not sure how long parents are supposed to stay. Do we leave right after the parent preview event? I’m guessing so.</p>

<p>Thanks akck - I did book one of the hotels listed on their website for our last trip. Being close to shopping is a good idea!</p>

<p>Karen, we left right after the Community Picnic. Well, we left the school. We still had some Portland touring to do. :slight_smile: It was time to let DD2 spread her wings.</p>

<p>I stayed one more night. That way, we were able to make a shopping run for those forgotten items the next day.</p>