Hotels

<p>Can anyone give me some names of the hotels on or near the campus of Wisconsin?</p>

<p>The Doubletree on Johnson. Stayed there last week. About 160/night. 2 blocks from State St. Closest I could find.</p>

<p>There are rooms in the Memorial Union for cheap, too.</p>

<p>The Edgewater (love this one) and the Dahlmann Campus Inn are popular.</p>

<p>If you are traveling by car you may choose a cheaper hotel on the west side or east (E Washington, near the East Towne Mall) as the distances aren’t that great. The UW website gives locations of parking near/on campus. Check online sites for info on hotels (Expedia, Orbitz…).</p>

<p>I would recommend the Campus Inn. It’s a bit pricey, but it’s right on State Street and pretty near everything. Can’t go wrong with the other’s recommendations either.</p>

<p>If you a looking for a great price, bid on priceline. The best hotels in town can generally be had for $50-75 per night. If you are not familiar with priceline bidding, check out biddingfortravel.com to learn the ropes and to see what recent bidders have gotten.</p>

<p>That said, bidding Madison’s downtown zome may result in a room at the Sheraton on John Nolen Drive which is a 1-2 miles from campus and State St.</p>

<p>For something out of the ordinary, try staying at the Wisconsin Union. Probably built in the 50’s, old fixtures but very clean–we had a two-room ‘suite’ that could’ve slept 6, for ninety bucks. And you’re right in the middle of things. Only downside was no parking, but there’s a decently-priced lot near the bookstore.</p>

<p>Staying at unions is a great way to get the ‘flavor’ of a university.</p>

<p>how about staying at the lowell center? is it more affordable than wisconsin union? which would you recommend over the other?</p>