Where to stay?

<p>Hi, my son has been accepted and now we are coming for a visit, next month. Any suggestions where to stay. We will be flying in from the east coast, and would like a nice hotel as close to campus as possible. Thanks.</p>

<p>Campus Inn on Langdon St.</p>

<p>The</a> Dahlmann CAMPUS INN Madison WI Hotel - Madison Accommodation, Madison Wisconsin Hotels</p>

<p>The heart and soul of UW Madison, the Memorial Union, has guest rooms and suites, most with a view of the lake:</p>

<p>Wisconsin</a> Union: Experiences for a Lifetime</p>

<p>The Concourse- by the capitol building at the top of State Street- walkable to campus and has a shuttle from the airport:</p>

<p>Madison's</a> Premier Hotel - The Madison Concourse Hotel & Governor's Club</p>

<p>My parents always stay there when they come to visit- gorgeous rooms, plenty with lake views, and the Governors Club (top three floors) has a jazz and hors d'ouvres cocktail hour as well.</p>

<p>First choice-Hilton downtown
Second Inntowner or whatever the former Howard Johnson is called now.</p>

<p>Check out the UW website visitor information also- the posters list the options it does. Madison doesn't have many hotels near campus, so they have covered them above.</p>

<p>I hear the Crown Plaza is nice.</p>

<p>Crowne Plaza Madison
4402 East Washington Avenue
Madison, Wisconsin 53704</p>

<p>You may be able to get it off priceline.</p>

<p>You may want your child to do an overnight in the dorm.</p>

<p>I was at the Crowne Plaza recently for a daytime conference; it is under new management/ownership and undergoing some remodeling. I wouldn't advise staying there; it's not as close to campus as the other hotels mentioned. Also, a hotel employee told me that the previous owners kind of 'let things go' resulting in the updating taking place.</p>

<p>Thank you everyone, i do want to be as close to campus as possible because we are not renting a car. I think we wont need one, if we are staying close by. We are going in March, between wrestling and Lax, can't miss them.I am going to check out the Memorial union and the Campus inn.</p>

<p>Hey if I end up getting accepted, how do I go about doing an overnight in the dorm? Also, do you just stay with another prospective student or do you stay with a real one? Thanks.</p>

<p>While the Dahlmann has a great location the prices seem off the charts for the overall quality. The location is the best for walking to everything.</p>

<p>We stay at the Edgewater, Doubletree, or recently at the Campus Inn. If you don't have a car the Edgewater has a shuttle which will take you where you need to be. Not sure about the others.</p>

<p>Now that you mention it, Pawn, the Edgewater has beautiful lakeside rooms -- that I think are a steal during the wintertime. Not sure, but definitely look into it -- it's very nice, and much more affordable than the Dahlmann.</p>

<p>Campus Inn
601 Langdon St.</p>

<p>University Inn
441 N Frances St</p>

<p>Doubletree Hotel
525 W. Johnson Street</p>

<p>Thank you everyone. i booked the Campus Inn for Parents weekend also, for what they offered and the location.</p>