Housing after being postponed

<p>Daughter found out that she was postponed today. It was her first choice school and now it looks like she'll have to wait a couple of months to get a final answer.<br>
For those who get in around Mid-March, is there still plenty of housing available? We were
hoping that an acceptance would give her more housing options......thought she was a "match" so this is a bit depressing.</p>

<p>Last year, my S was postponed and accepted in mid-March. Either when he got his acceptance, or a few days after, he got notice from housing giving him about 10 days to decide if he wanted to live in the dorm. The schools dorm deposit was refundable till just after May 1 if he decided not to attend Madison - whereas private dorms were binding contracts. Since he was undecided as to whether or not he would attend, we sent a deposit, to ensure a room. He ultimately decided not to attend. After giving notice to housing, we got a check back a few weeks later. </p>

<p>If your D is postponed and its still your number one, make your decision as to where you want to live so you can meet the tight turnaround.</p>

<p>Thanks ChicagoBear. Good to know that there may be rooms left in March.
We’ll start researching the options and be ready to go if need be.</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure if you think your daughter would want to live in the dorms at all, you should send in the deposit. It is only $50 and you may not be able to get into the public dorms if you don’t send it in by their deadline (different for each student). Private dorms stay available for slightly longer, but not much. I wouldn’t really recommend a freshman staying off-campus.</p>

<p>The housing situation is a little tight here, especially dorm-wise, so I’d definitely send in the contract. I’m pretty sure it’s easy to cancel.</p>

<p>We will send in the housing contract as soon as we (hopefully) get it. I am hoping that
she gets a final decision before mid march but that doesn’t seem likely.</p>

<p>Once offered a contract every student who signs the Res Halls contract by their due date has an equal chance at the dorm of choice come next May’s assignment lottery. </p>

<p>Remember that UW and Res Halls require separate contracts/deposits and written requests to get back the deposits if you decide to not attend- informing one will not inform the other. As always, read the fine print, even though it is straightforward. </p>

<p>Again- patience, folks. Many in the middle will need to wait for the rest of the applicants to be evaluated to find out their status- and for many to even apply.</p>