Housing in dorms or in apartments?

I have applied to both UofA and ASU and I would like to get some information regarding which housing would be best.
I am a junior in college and looking to room with another roommate or two. Are there apartments near campus where other University students rent out, or is it mainly in dorms? Adding to that, from your personal experience, where do you find the most action occurring during the weekends in regards to partying. I ask this because I am looking to be close to this type of environment.
Is there any website that you would recommend that I can look into for housing?

Thank you in advance

Check the UA Off-Campus Housing website: http://offcampus.arizona.edu/

There isn’t much partying in the dorms, especially since they aren’t drinking age. Coronado and AZ-So are considered the partying dorms but I think most of the partying is off campus. Next Level and TheHub are right at the edge of campus - they are deluxe and new but have bad Yelp reviews (my son is in the dorm this year). Seasons is considered a party apt. complex.

U of AZ vs ASU? UA has higher academic expectations.

Thank you for your advice, it is much appreciated. I will go ahead and research about the off campus housing as this is what I plan on doing.