Housing questions

<p>Just wondering-
I'm using the RoomSurf service right now and I just started my Miami Housing application. There's a place on it to do the mutual roommate request. Since I obviously haven't found a roommate yet, if I submit my app now do I lose the opportunity to request a roommate?</p>

<p>Hey lovetodive,</p>

<p>Still waiting on my decision, so I haven’t looked through all the housing stuff, but I would advise waiting on the roomate survey a wee bit longer, just in case. I’m assuming Miami has/will have a Class of 2016 FB page, so I would take some time to check that out, talk to a couple people, etc. Maybe you’ll connect with someone on there! And there’s still the regular decision/some early action folks whom you might find something in common with! Though if you want a random roommate, by all means fill 'er out! :)</p>

<p>I actually found out that the housing application and housing search are separate, and you can always request a roommate after you submit it.</p>

<p>Thanks for the info! That’s good to know :)</p>

<p>Maybe they changed the procedure for this year but last year the roommate matching on the U of Miami website didn’t start until April/May. I would guess a majority of students wait to pay the deposit in April so you will have a bigger pool of students to be matched with if you wait.</p>

<p>The roommate search function is already up and it’s usable until a certain date, you aren’t locked into anything by applying for housing early.</p>

<p>What part of OK are you from?</p>