Housing Selection Problems

<p>When I search for housing for every dorm I get this message</p>

<ul>
<li>* * There are currently no spaces available for the amount of spaces or building that you searched for. Spaces open up throughout the room selection process, so please continue to check for new spaces.</li>
</ul>

<p>Is anyone else having this problem? Really want to select my room!</p>

<p>how many spaces are you looking for? Are you trying to find spots for you and a friend or two?</p>

<p>No. While I am looking for two spots, I searched for just one spot. I searched all dorms as well.</p>

<p>Are you looking in honors or non-honors? male or female?</p>

<p>Don’t panic…there will be spots opening up.</p>

<p>Male and both honors and non-honors. </p>

<p>I just thought it was strange that it didn’t show any rooms at all!</p>

<p>no, not strange. frustrating, but not unusual at this point. spaces will open up. you just have to keep checking. : (</p>

<p>Huh. I’ve tried since my registration date, May 7th, and haven’t gotten a thing. So do they just keep opening up rooms or are they really all full?</p>

<p>It’s probably not full…there will be spots opening up during the summer as upperclassmen move off campus however, if you are really concerned call housing and let them know what is happening. Freshmen are guaranteed housing on campus.</p>

<p>More rooms will release as days go on.</p>

<p>Some kids who’ve reserved rooms will decide to move off campus.</p>

<p>Some incoming frosh will decide to go elsewhere and their rooms will become available.</p>

<p>Is all of the new hall taken?</p>

<p>Right now you won’t find anything unless you get on room selection at whatever time it opens up on the dot.</p>

<p>@goingOOS </p>

<p>I’m having the same problem. Hopefully something will open up.</p>

<p>Yes…get on room selection the minute it opens.</p>

<p>In previous years, when students have contacted Housing to cancel their housing plans, Housing tends to release those spots at the end of the business day.</p>

<p>If you have a housing scholarship, then contact Housing directly because they may still have some blocked rooms set aside.</p>

<p>Rooms will open up. There are kids who’ve double deposited at more than one school. As those kids decide, some will go elsewhere and their rooms will release.</p>

<p>I know one kid who has a Ridgecrest honors dorm but has decided he wants to save money and go to Burke or another. When Burke opens a spot, then he (and others doing the same) will move and their honors spots will open.</p>

<p>And, there will be some upper classmen who have rooms, but will decide to move off campus.</p>

<p>Rooms will open, they always do.</p>

<p>Is the new dorm full already?</p>

<p>Should be opening up son’s spot next week, i imagine more also with the June 1 cancellation deadline looming.</p>

<p>Right…as some upper-classmen decide to move off campus, their spots will open.</p>

<p>Is the new dorm open to frosh? If not, I wonder if that’s the problem. Anyone know if the new dorm is completely full?</p>

<p>The new dorm is non-honors, open to Freshmen and completely full. D has a friend trying to get a room anywhere so he can swap with a guy currently signed up in the new dorm.</p>

<p>There are upper-classmen that went ahead and signed up for housing even tho they’re pretty sure that they are moving off campus. If June 1st is the deadline for declining, then they will be dropping soon.</p>

<p>This kind of thing also happens because there are frosh who have “double deposited” or have requested decision extensions and are still sorting out where they will be going. Once those who will be going elsewhere decide, those spots will open.</p>