How are you paying for the U?

<p>Thankfully, I received the Dean's Scholarship, which will help out. I also applied for the Jenkins Scholarship. Hopefully my financial aid package will cover everything, loans and all. But in the event it doesn't, I'm already looking for a job and other scholarships. No matter what I will be at Miami in the fall!!! How are you guys planning on paying for the U?</p>

<p>I got the University and I’m attending the Singer/Stamps weekend - one of those would be so nice!</p>

<p>^They really would! lol Congrats on that!!!</p>

<p>I’m planning to write a check for $60,000. Lucky me :)</p>

<p>No clue. :frowning: I will do everything it takes to earn money though. I don’t want to take out too many loans.</p>

<p>Just have 12Artleye write $60,000 checks for everyone!!! ;)</p>

<p>Me neither! I am filling out as many scholarships as I can. I hope my financial aid package is pretty good. If I can get UM down to around $5000 a year out of pocket I think I can manage, or at least find scholarships to pay the difference.</p>

<p>^^^ Gee thanks for the nomination. But it’s going to be difficult just to write one! 4 years in a row!</p>

<p>That’s still crazy! Too bad I’m poor! I just need to see my financial aid package! Until then I’m on a scholarship frenzy and job hunt :(</p>

<p>When does FA get released? I missed the Dean’s scholarship by one percentage point in my class rank. $55,000 is WAY TOO MUCH MONEY. I used their Net Cost Calculator and I would have to pay $38,000 a year which is not feasible. Could it be because I’m from Michigan? My family doesn’t have a lot of income and they still want 38K!</p>

<p>I don’t think it differs by state because they are private! But hopefully they release financial aid soon! That’s crazy, to pay nearly full tuition out of pocket.</p>

<p>Today’s college costs are ridiculous :confused: Community College here I come</p>

<p>My only recommendation is to visit a financial planner and accountant to have your (Estimated Family Contribution) EFC calculated. He can than advice you how to lower the number, if there is any way. Consider taking a home equity loan if your family owns a home, its a way to get the money w/ low interest. It’s really unfortunate how much Miami cost and need-based aid is hard to come-by unless your family is usually south of middle-class</p>

<p>I’ll do my best. Luckily my parents are intelligent and know how much we can handle. Hopefully they’ll be willing to do something like that but I don’t expect it from them. They have already done so much for me over these past 18 years!</p>

<p>Thanks for your help everyone!</p>

<p>Good luck! Hope something works out for you! Of all the things to keep you out of your dream school, money shouldn’t be it.</p>

<p>My D did not receive any scholarship $, so we’re going to have to pass up on Miami. We are middle class, so we definitely won’t receive enough need based $ to make this feasible. (and it’s only an undergraduate degree) Some other college will be the lucky recipient of my D.</p>

<p>Congrats and good luck to all who attend Miami! (and elsewhere, too)</p>