How bad does a D look for UC's?

<p>In my first semester junior year, I had a really crappy semester due to some issues back at home (and yes I did mention it in the additional comments on the UC app). I even received a D in a core a-g class so yeah, that was pretty bad. I did manage to turn things around the next semester (and my family issues back at home were somewhat resolved). In order to fulfill the a-g course requirement for that course that I got a D in, I am currently taking the regular-version of that class online (the original course was an AP course) and I included that course amongst my list of senior year courses in my UC app. I was wondering if, despite me having mentioned the issues I was having that semester and having taken a regular-equivalent course online, it was going to completely butcher my chances of being admitted to a UC school. I applied to Berkeley, LA, San Diego, and Irvine.</p>

<p>And fyi, my UC GPA is 3.6 and my SAT and ACT’s are 2210 and 30, respectively. I’m sure my extracurriculars and essays are fine (I had four leadership positions and I’m a pretty good essay writer). Lastly, I’m an out-of-stater.</p>