Can I get into UCLA, UCB, UCI, UCSD with a D on my transcript?

I’m a Generally A/B student, getting about two B’s every semester. My first semester of junior year I signed up for 3 ap/honors classes, one of which being AP US history. I got hit with a bout of bad depression, and ended up failing the class with a D that semester.
I got a B second semester, and took a summer class to make up for the credit (although it was not AP so it didn’t replace the course.)
My WGPA is a 3.8, and my SAT is a 1500.
My insight questions are solid imo and extracurricular are OK (VP of a club, sports for two years, involvement in a lot of campaigns and miscellaneous extracurricular here and there.)
I’m interested in majoring in sociology, criminology/criminal justice, or biochemistry, and I’m applying from in state.
I’d like to get an idea of whether or not I have a shot of getting into a good UC school, or if it’s too much of a long shot.
Thanks!

Forgot to mention I took a college class the summer after my junior year, and am signed up for 4 college classes and 2 AP classes my senior year.

If I recall correctly, there is a part on the UC app where you can explain any anomalies (such as the D).

Best wishes to you!

I hope your received some professional help and are doing better mentally.

It is great that you could recover and get a B 2nd semester.

What are your 3 UC GPA’s using this calculator: https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

UCLA and UCB should be considered Reach schools and having a D will impact your chances, how much is hard to say. You will be competing with students with exemplary academic records so none of the UC’s will be an easy admit.

Your Senior year looks very rigorous and if you have mental health issues again, your admission can be revoked if you do not do well academically. The UC’s take into consideration your HS rigor, but your Senior year grades are not a consideration in your admissions review. I would dial back a bit just in case.

Definitely apply but make sure you have backup/safety schools on your list that you are willing to attend since UC admissions can be very unpredictable.

Best of luck and take of yourself.

with a 3.8 UCM is going to be your best shot. UCR’s probably a coin toss. and the rest of the UCs are going to be a reach.

SDSU, CSULB, CPP and Chico depending what you are looking for are all solid options.

Apply broadly and good luck.

2019 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79 capped weighted and not major specific:
UCB: 1%
UCLA: 2%
UCSD: 9%
UCSB: 6%
UCI: 7%
UCD: 9%
UCSC: 40%
UCR: 53%
UCM: 80%

2019 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 capped weighted and not major specific:
UCB: 12%
UCLA: 7%
UCSD: 33%
UCSB: 32%
UCD: 47%
UCI: 35%
UCSC: 72%
UCR: 87%
UCM: 96%

**2020 UC capped weighted GPA averages along with 25th-75th percentile range: **
UCB: 4.22 (4.13-4.30)
UCLA: 4.25 (4.18-4.31)
UCSD: 4.18(4.04-4.28)
UCSB: 4.17 (4.03-4.27)
UCI: 4.11 (3.96-4.26)
UCD: 4.11 (3.97-4.25)
UCSC: 3.94 (3.71-4.16)
UCR: 3.88 (3.65-4.11)
UCM: 3.68 (3.40-3.96)