How badly would a 730 in Physics SAT hurt?

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I am an international student in the IB applying for UWisconsin Fall 2014, my major is Mechanical Engineering with the alternate being Computer Science</p>

<p>In the IB I have a predicted of 7 in my Physics HL, however I only have a 730 in Physics SAT. My Math is a 770. I know these are rather low , considering the percentiles, but would my Physics HL score sort of nullify the SAT?</p>

<p>I have no way to retake it as my IB mocks start from December.</p>

<p>I don’t think SAT2 is required or considered at all. My D did not submit any SAT2 scores to WISC even they are very good. Anyone suggests otherwise?</p>

<p>Excuse me, but anything above a 700 is high in any field. The elite US colleges may have many students with high 700’s but most top colleges have many students with 600’s in some tests. Your test scores will help, not hurt you. Don’t obsess over them. Your Verbal scores count just as much as your math scores. You are admitted to the university as a whole at U of Wisconsin. Your intended major makes no difference. It is only used to assign advising before classes start.</p>

<p>Agree that SAT subject tests are not required for UW. Some will have them for other schools or scholarship applications.</p>

<p>Does WISC even use SAT2 scores for scholarship applications? It is not on their list. I am wondering if I should tell my D to submit.</p>

<p>National Merit perhaps? It’s been awhile. Some will have them or non-UW applications. I always think of the Madison TV station WISC when I see those letters- I prefer Wis or WI for the state and UW for the school (Madison, the others use additional modifiers).</p>

<p>Wisc is abbreviation they use for their website. Just like UMich for U of Michigan. UW may be confused with the other UW. Just like UofM may be refering to at least 3 popular schools. UWI may be a better choice.</p>

<p>Are you saying the subject test scores may help to get their school sponsored National Merit Scholarship?</p>

<p>“UWI”- wherever does the I come in??? Too bad they’re adding the c on the website. NMS scholarships all have the same application criteria to become a finalist as I recall. After that, who knows. YOU can research it. PSAT required, then SAT and…</p>

<p>^ I know how to get National Merit Finalist status. I am just interested in knowing if submitting SAT2 score would make any difference for the scholarships at Wisc.</p>

<p>Are you sure you don’t know why U WI? The 2-letter abbreviation of the state.</p>

<p>With the space it makes sense but an I may mean institute. It is not at all common to use postal abbreviations in college state names. Do not forget there are hundreds of thousands of living UW alumni and others who get UW and likely wouldn’t go for changes.</p>

<p>It is the same for many other schools too. I add the space just for you to understand. People use UMI, UMN, UNC, etc without space in this forum and even elsewhere. I guess UW is clear enough for this subforum and among alumni, it is not really universal even in most other subforums under CC. There are at least 4 UW subforums here for 4 different schools.</p>

<p>Think outside the forums- in the real world.</p>

<p>^^ Exactly.</p>