How do I work for the Crimson White if I'm going to be rushing?

<p>Here are a few things I’ve noticed as I’ve read the Crimson White these past few weeks:</p>

<p>-The quality of writing tends to skew towards the very good end of the spectrum, but there are definitely some weak spots (sports, especially).
-There seems to be, surprisingly, a near-even split between conservative and liberal commentary.
-They hate the Machine and Greek life at the University.</p>

<p>There’s obviously a cold war going on between the CW and the Machine, and it gave me pause. I’m passionate about writing and journalism, and I definitely plan on going for an editorship at UA, but I’m also dead-set on rushing fraternities that, unfortunately, happen to have been deemed by the paper as “traditionally white” (translation: bigoted and inappropriately exclusionary). Theoretically, would I encounter some resistance from either group if I decide to participate in both?</p>

<p>I can say for sure you would not receive any animosity or ill-will from the media side. Nothing could give you a rounder life education than learning to get along with and forming relationships with members of the CW/media circle as well as the Greek system, two communities that generally do not overlap.</p>

<p>I can assure you that there are students on the CW staff who are Greek. That said, you will find a balance once you are on staff/working as an editor.</p>