How does my IB schedule look?

<p>HL English, History, Biology
SL Math, Spanish, Chemistry</p>

<p>Too hard? Easy? Opinions/advices?</p>

<p>/bump bump bump/</p>

<p>Well HL English is relatively difficult considering the work load. Biology HL is fairly difficult but not as hard as Physics or Math HL. I’m not sure about History.</p>

<p>SL Math and Chem should be really easy, and Spanish is easy if you’ve done it before.</p>

<p>It would help if you told us your intended major(s)…by the looks of Biology HL it would seem that you may want to do something to do with medicine (I might be wrong) and if that’s true, then consider taking both Biology and Chemistry at the HL level. Drop either english or history to SL.</p>

<p>History and English are automatic HL’s at my school and I can tell you that English has required more work than all my English classes combined! It’s dealing with literature itself and analyzing the work to find deeper meaning which means essays and lots of writing and thinking. History is different simply because it’s from a world POV and you learn at topics versus complete chronological I guess? This is lots of essays too and notes. And Spanish is going to be semi-difficult if you’re not a native speaker or a natural at it, you have to just know the concepts and verbs the farther you go in. SL Math isn’t too bad in terms of difficulty, you just can’t be a terrible math student. Biology is alright, I haven’t gotten to the good stuff yet this year. And I didn’t take IB Chem, so I wouldn’t know.</p>

<p>I’m not sure if it’s the same for your school, but where I go, History and Bio are the two most time consuming HLs. We only have one or two out of seventy taking that pathway every year, because it requires more time than the usual overachiever has. Combined with extracurriculars after school, this is really hard to manage. The requirements for Chem SL are similar to that of the AP Chem requirements, meaning it’s a hard class too.
I was considering taking these HLs too, but what I decided to do instead was take Math HL instead. It requires a lot less time, and it’s more manageable with a tutor.</p>

<p>I take SL English so I have no comment except that the majority of students take HL English because it’s pretty much the same as SL. On IB Exams, they’re slightly different… but it’s not that big of a difference. HL English doesn’t even have an extra Paper 3 like most HLs. Plus, your orals are supposed to be longer. That’s the only difference.</p>

<p>I take HL Bio and it is my favorite subject. We have the BEST Bio teacher and he’s very knowledgeable. His class is considered VERY difficult. It’s hard to make A’s. But, I’m so passionate towards the subject that I score 7s on the tests he gives us and A’s in the class.</p>

<p>I take SL Math and it’s pretty okay. Math isn’t my strongest subject so it’s difficult for me (but it’s easy for others).</p>