How does the community feel about the incoming President?

I gather Prezbae was adored. Curious what the feeling is Re: Laura Rosenbury.

That would be “Prezbo”.

I’m sure he is adored by his children and family.

And I suspect he might be respected by Trustees and others as having been an effective president.

Among students, at least some have mixed views, based on the gentrification of the neighborhood, displacement of local businesses to build the new campus - and the administration’s stance against their graduate and undergraduate student workers, who eventually unionized.

His verbose, dense, written communications, which manage to ultimate say absolutely nothing in lots of words, are usually poked fun at - just as his Audi 8L pulling up college walk (when just walking across campus would have gotten him there faster).

Here the “unit of time” email. A typical sample, from the beginning of the Pandemic, meant to reassure anxious students about the in-person return:

(Needless to say, there were no more details “by July 1” :wink: )

Sorry….wha? I’m talking about the transition from Bielock to the incoming Barnard president.

My misunderstanding – but I’d never heard of Sian Beilock being referred to as “Prezbae”!?

Yes, Sian Beilock was a quite visible presence on campus; it was not unusual to run into her during the day. She also tried to relate to the other Barnard woman through casual social media posts. From conversations I understand that some might feel somewhat jilted, that her stint was too short, having used Barnard as a mere springboard. But, objectively, advancing one’s career is normal for any professional.

As far as Laura Rosenbury, I think one will have to see what her leadership style will be, and how she’ll interact with the community.