How good is Binghamton's Decker School of Nursing?

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to ask if anyone knew a recent NCLEX pass rate for Decker SON students.
On Binghamton’s website they say their students pass well above the state and national rate, but does anyone know exactly how many passed in 2015/2014?

I really love Binghamton, but I’m just a tiny bit worried because in the earlier 2010’s Decker’s pass rate was in the 70’s, and I want to know if Decker will prepare me for the NCLEX, and really how good the school is. If anyone has any information about how good Decker is, please let me know!

Also, if I decide to go to medical school, do Bing students get accepted into good medical schools?

I just can’t seem to find all of this information anywhere, any help would be HUGELY appreciated!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thank you!!!

The rate was 78% in 2014. That was the average for New York State. In comparison, the University of Rochester was over 90%.

We have 3 nurses in the family. Check where Binghamton nurses do clinicals.

U Scranton, Fairfield, Sacred Heart and St. Anselm have very high pass rates.

Don’t be a nurse if you want to go to med school It is not a stepping stone.

a quick google shows: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/nurse/nurseprogs-nclexrn2013-17.htm

Ask in this subforum: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/nursing-major/

Did you apply to any CUNYs that have nursing? Are any direct entry? If you live nearby you might be able to save some money on your degree.

Do you qualify for NYS grant?

@bopper I do not see nursing school as a stepping stone. I’ve been planning to become a Nurse Practitioner for a very long time. I was asking IF I do decide that I want to become a doctor instead. Thanks for the links!

I am 90% attending Bing @mommdc @OnTheBubble thank you for the help!
@OnTheBubble unfortunately Rochester’s net price was way too expensive for me and my family. I think Decker will be a good fit for me (I love that it’s a small program) and I know that I will work my hardest.