How Good is their International Relations Program?

<p>I am interested in majoring in International Relations but am not sure if Virginia Tech is the best place to get it. It's been my dream school for awhile, but VT isn't known for having a strong department in this area.</p>

<p>Is it better for me to go to a different school such as JMU to get this degree or should I just stick to VT?</p>

<p>Do workplaces really care where you got your degree from? I'm planning on working for the government after I graduate.</p>

<p>it does not matter where you get your degree. </p>

<p>a vt degree in IR is not valued any less than a degree from jmu, gmu, or american (even though it’s in dc).</p>

<p>my dad is in the gov right now and he went to towson majoring in marketing. not everyone majors in the traditional “gov” majors.</p>

<p>that said, i’m an incoming student so i can’t comment on vt’s program, but i did used to live in DC with my dad and interned here previously. no one there cares about your major and instead focuses on your past experiences. my sister went to gw and i have a twin there right now, none of which are majoring in a gov-related major. my sister interned at the international justice mission (as a chem/finance major) and my twin is majoring in communications/bio and is in an ngo.</p>

<p>what i’m getting at is that you can major in art and still get into the gov. my co-worker did.</p>

<p>from my impression, VT’s program is solid.</p>

<p>Thanks! Very helpful, I’m also looking into other majors now, but will definitely stick to VT!</p>