How is Lynchburg?

I don’t see a lot of posts here about Lynchburg College. A friend is thinking about going here and I decided to look at it myself. It doesn’t seem like a bad place, but If anyone has something to say about it, that’d be great.

It’s well worth checking into. It’s one of the Colleges that Change Lives schools. It primarily attracts B students and gives a lot of merit aid, as well as aid from scholarship competitions that also encompass community service and arts. It has a gorgeous small campus and a very nice new student center. Classes are generally small with about 25-30 students.

That said, my daughter transferred out of Lynchburg after 3 semesters, saying it wasn’t for her. In the end, I think the school was too small for her (2,200 students) and the vibe is more athletic and preppy than hers. Some of the city of Lynchburg is OK, but it’s just not all that appealing (although the surrounding Blue Ridge mountains are lovely) and dominated by the huge Christian school Liberty University. There’s not much at all walkable from campus, and there was a fair amount of crime in the surrounding neighborhoods.