How Long Does It Take To Hear Back From TAMU?

I am going to be a review admit for A&M. I submitted my application October 5th and received my UIN today and created my account. Once I logged in, it said my application was already in review. Around how long will it take to know my decision? Is waiting longer generally a good sign or no?

@soccerisbae As a review applicant, the majority do not receive an admissions decision until February or March. It has varied the past three admission cycles. However, there are review admits who do receive decisions before then and the first release date for review admits has been mid-late November.

There is no way to know which review applicants will receive an early decision vs waiting until after Winter Break.

Applying late or early doesn’t seem to make a difference. That said, since some review admission decision have been released in mid/late Nov., it did matter that they applied before the deadline.

There are only a few majors that are impacted by having only a certain number of seats, like Mays Business School, so applying early is important to secure a seat for Auto/Academic admits who fill those seats. The past 3 admissions cycles, there are July 1 and Dec 1 (or Jan 2 last year due to Hurricane Harvey) review applicants who were admitted to college station as well as July 1 (or Aug 1, 2016 and prior) and December 1 review applicants who were offered an alternate admission offer (Gateway, Blinn Team, PSA).