How long is my vacations be I were to work as a registered nurse or a registered dietitian.

How long is my vacations be I were to work as a registered nurse or a registered dietitian in a hospital.

Depends where you work, your level of seniority etc.

At my hospital, all new employees are on a probationary period of 90 days with no days off. After 1 year, you are given 1 week off for vacation and 2 floating holidays. After 2 years, it is 2 weeks with 3 floating holidays. Once you reach 5 years, you can earn up to 3 weeks of vacation days/year and 6 floating holidays. Our maximum vacation accumulation is 6 weeks and then you will loose hours if you do not take time off.

As stated by @happy1, it will depend upon where you work and how many years of seniority you have.

At my hospital, you earn vacation hours based on how many hours worked. So every paycheck after probation you earn a couple of hours.
Then its based on your schedule. If you work 3 12’s, having 6 days of vacation (earning 72 hours of vacation time) could result in 2 weeks off.

2plustrio
Are you a nurse?

Yes

How many vacation days would that be a year?

NO

There are so many variables. You can work as a nurse for a school system and have school vacations off, or you can work in a long term care facility on a per diem/part time basis and basically tell them when you want to be scheduled and when you don’t. You can work for a large corporation and get the same vacations as everyone else (likely two weeks after your first year, three weeks after 5). I know traveling nurses who basically take a two week vacation at the end of every rotation (so three months in Colorado, two weeks to ski. Three months in Florida, two weeks at the beach). But those jobs aren’t for everyone, and you need to have a marketable sub-specialty for maximum flexibility (oncology nurses are usually in demand everywhere).

The job of a dietitian is pretty different from that of a nurse, so I wouldn’t pick a career based on vacation time. You need to actually like what you do!

Depends where you work, your level of seniority etc. Recently I work https://www.linkedrn.com/ where RN and other staff members occasionally get approved for a month vacation, however, two weeks in most common. Full time and part time employees get a four to eight hours PTO each pay period which can be used as needed.

I would think about your job performance and whether you can even get hired before worrying about the amount of your vacation time. If you have childcare concerns, you need to raise them during the hiring process. If that is not the issue, and If I knew a job applicant had posted a question like this, the application would go straight into the waste basket.