How many applicants are from North Carolina?

does anyone know how many applicants to bs are generally from NC?

To what boarding schools?

to schools like exeter and andover

1 Like

I don’t know exactly how many applicants come from North Carolina, but I would presume that coming from a state like that would neither hurt you nor help you. If you were from the northeast it would hurt you and if you were from Wyoming of North Dakota, it would help you in admissions.

My NC kids went to one of those schools. There were a handful of others there as well, but not many. I’m not sure that it helped their chances, but I don’t think it hurt it like it may have if they were from an overrepresented state. Hard to say!

My son’s at a school similar to Andover/Exeter and I believe there are about 10 students from North Carolina out of a student body of 600. Looking at the states the students are from, there are some states that seem surprisingly overrepresented (Wisconsin has 8 currently attending there) and some that seem to be underrepresented (Minnesota has only 1). Not sure how intentional they are about trying to get a broad representation of states.

My son’s club team has many students from both Andover and Exeter. Some of the kids are listed as residents of those respective towns (or even other towns in the country) when in fact they are not. Sometimes it is difficult to tell exactly where a student is from based on a mailing address.

ok thank you everyone!