How to prepare for the AWPE?

<p>I really want to pass into writing level 2. I got a 640 on the writing part of the SAT (8 or 9 on the essay).</p>

<p>What’s the best way to prepare that has worked for people in the past?</p>

<p>or</p>

<p>If you’re taking it this May, how are you preparing?</p>

<p>You should be just fine if you got a 640. It's a pretty simple prompt they give.</p>

<p>ya i am screwed too ... 620 (8E)</p>

<p>do they tell you to write an essay or is it like the SAT where there are multiple choice sections, with correcting the sentence and finding the error ?</p>

<p>It is a simple essay and you have one hour. You will do fine amby. :)</p>

<p>^I surely hope it's simple!</p>

<p>A friend of mine told me that if you consistently get A's on papers in Honors/AP English classes, it's a breeze.</p>

<p>Just remember: It's an ANALYTICAL writing placement exam. They are mainly looking on how you can analyze the text to get the meaning out of it.</p>

<p>I had my AWPE in the same day as prom. Needless to say, I barely studied for it and I still passed. It doesn't matter if you never took AP or Honors English (but it'd probably help). I took regular English from 10th-12th grade. Can't say it helped me other than building my vocabulary. Good luck!</p>

<p>If I remember correctly, the exam was 2+ hours, unless they changed it last year...</p>

<p>Mmmkay that's good!
I've been in honors english 9-11 and was recommended for AP Lit but decided not to do it because I don't like english that much.</p>

<p>"A friend of mine told me that if you consistently get A's on papers in Honors/AP English classes, it's a breeze." </p>

<p>if this is the case wouldn't you get over a 680 in the writing section or atleast pull off a 3 on the AP test , which would make up qualified to NOT take this test ? ;)</p>

<p>and
thanks collegemom16 :)</p>

<p>Well, yeah, that's what you'd assume. However, at some schools, AP Language isn't offered junior year, so many people haven't taken any AP English tests. Even if you know you're going to pass AP Lit or AP Eng Lang, you still have to take the exam...</p>

<p>...and well, I got a 670 on writing.....so I just missed the mark.</p>

<p>"I got a 670 on writing.....so I just missed the mark. "</p>

<p>And I though my 640 was close...I feel you!</p>

<p>It’s analytical writing. Students who have gotten 4s and 5s on AP tests have failed it.</p>

<p>Man I hope I didn’t totally **** up on it</p>

<p>I didn’t take it. Stupid fire.</p>

<p>You can actually search the student data/results from previous years by high school through here: <a href=“https://uasother.ucop.edu/cgi-bin/awpe/results.pl[/url]”>https://uasother.ucop.edu/cgi-bin/awpe/results.pl&lt;/a&gt;
Just search for your high school and it will tell you the statistics.</p>