Howdy Camp

<p>Just got an invitation to Howdy Camp Looks like it is like transfer camp or fish camp. the question is has any one went to this before, is it worth it, should I go.</p>

<p>I went to Transfer Camp (t-camp) when I got into A&M and it was a great experience. I only knew a couple here at A&M before I transferred and I was not really in touch with them. </p>

<p>It was a great way to immerse myself into A&M, as I learned about the many traditions and yells. </p>

<p>It was a year ago, and I still see quite few of the folks from my camp. Some of the people that I went to camp with have gone on to be counselors for howdy camp and t-camp since they enjoyed it so much.</p>

<p>I don’t like the word ‘indoctrination’ but in a way that is a big element of the camp. Without it, I would have been a clueless 2%er all last year but I am so glad I went. Have met some great people.</p>

<p>I encourage you to go, it will make your transition into A&M much smoother compared to not attending.</p>

<p>Yes! Tamu camps are the bomb! :slight_smile: I’ve been to several</p>

<p>We were on a campus visit with D last weekend and there was a Fish Camp/Tcamp going on and the kids looked like they were having a ton of fun! I would say yes go!</p>