HSF Hispanic Scholarship Fund

<p>Has anyone heard from HSF? Most scholarship say July as notification date.</p>

<p>My application status is listed as “reviewed” online but I have received no award/deny letter yet.</p>

<p>mine says “awarded”, but i dont have anything</p>

<p>Mine says “reviewed” also …
Anyone know when we are supposed to be notified?</p>

<p>I also have the status “Awarded”, but I thought everyone had it, so I was sure it did not mean anything. However, nicacar seems to have a different status… so now I am not too sure what to think. </p>

<p>Anyone have any ideas on whats going on?</p>

<p>also I believe we will be contacted by mid August at latest.</p>

<p>Can anyone say anything about this thread??? Any responses, status’s, previous experiences??? Any information would help.</p>

<p>Well I sent a message via the wesbite questioning if any letters had gone out, and this was their reply:
“HSF will notify all those applicants who will be receiving an award by no later than next week. Those applicants who were not selected in the first round of selection will be notified by the end of August regarding whether they were selected in the second round or not. Please wait for HSF to contact you regarding the status of your application, as ALL applicants will be contacted either way.”</p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>

<p>** MJ :)</p>

<p>mjcavazos,
Does your status say “reviewed” or “awarded”?</p>

<p>Yea, that would be great to know what your status says. Reviewed, awarded, submitted? Or does it matter?? HSF should have a legend of what each status means!</p>

<p>Are you guys '09 or '10? I applied a month ago (I’m class of 2010) and it says I’m not eligible? I’m confused because my GPA and standardized test scores far surpass the requirements. . .</p>

<p>kiterunner… you are not eligible because you are class of '10. if i am correct you could only even apply for one, and that is just a late deadline for class of '09, so give it some time. i dont think they open up for you until october earliest</p>

<p>sorry I took forever to reply!..but my status says “reviewed”… has anyone with the status of “awarded” received anything yet??</p>

<p>**MJ</p>

<p>I did not receive anything yet…and my status as I said is “Awarded”… but I do not believe that correlates with actually receiving the award.</p>

<p>Oh, okay. Thank you, collegeboy422. I was like… not eligible, ***?! Thanks!</p>

<p>My status is still “reviewed”. My guess would be that those whose status is “awarded” were selected for the first round of scholarships. I hope yall get it!</p>

<p>Well, mine says “Awarded” but i didn’t get anything today…maybe this week though!</p>

<p>Who wants to take one for the team and message HSF about the statuses? I already messaged them earlier and got an ambiguous reply. Basically, they told me to wait… which is fine but the suspense is killing me!</p>

<p>I GOT IT!!! $2500!!! The email was sent at 11 oclock</p>

<p>YES! Emails were sent out tonight!!! Awarded actually meant AWARDED! I wish everyone else the best of luck!</p>