I don't particularly like Physics, but I've heard it is a great plus point when applying for good co

Hello world,

I’m going to be doing the IB diploma in a matter of months. And right now, I’m extremely confused. I really like Biology and Chemistry, I’m okay with Math; but I’m not overly fond of Physics.

Therefore, I was thinking I’d take Biology, Chemistry, and Math at HL; and, Language and Literature, French ab initio, and Economics at SL. Maybe also the CS A AP course to complement everything.

It may seem like a weird set of interests for someone interested in a CS major, but I’m really interested in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, which I’m planning to take as my track for my under-graduation. I’m going to start the Udacity ML nano-degree soon, and am very excited about it.

I haven’t gone to a professional counselor yet, but from my mother, teachers, and the internet; I’ve got the perspective that while not as necessary as Math HL, Physics is a great subject to study for getting into top-notch institutions. The order of subject importance I’m seeing right now is Math HL > Physics HL > CS HL > Chemistry HL > Biology HL, for a CS major. Many people have suggested dropping Biology, but I don’t think I should quit something I love, just to complete a checklist of things I should do to maximize my chances of getting admitted into a good college.

I’d appreciate any advice, and thanks a lot