I got an email inviting me to apply for a scholarship. Does that mean I'm accepted?

<p>Hi, everyone. I got an email from UMiami inviting me to apply for one of their scholarships and was insurer about whether this meant I would be accepted here (they wouldn't have me waste my time applying for a scholarship if I didn't get in right?)</p>

<p>Background info: I applied early action.</p>

<p>P.S. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question (my friend said this'd meant I was accepted but I just wanted to gain other opinions. Thanks </p>

<p>Seems like al reasonable assumption</p>

<p>Depends on the scholarship, but the fact you’ve been invited is a good sign that it’s one of the big ones. UM gives out a lot of merit aid without a separate app, so you are probably being considered for one of the full rides. They probably won’t tell you you’re in until you’re in, but it’s a very good sign. Good luck!</p>

<p>I would buy the champagne, but keep the receipt!</p>

<p>Hmmm, we have not received any emails. :frowning: Should I assume my son won’t be invited to apply for one of the bigger scholarships?</p>

<p>@agraves Hey did u get the email too, about the Ronald A. Hammond Scholarship for the University of Miami, since i got that as well. It most likely means that you did get in but dont take my word for it since I applied Regular Decision. Your decision comes out early February while my decision comes out Mid-April, and if selected for the interview, you would have to go down to the campus itself (You actually have to go, dont really have an option) on March 28th.
And @chris17mom I would contact the university about this, but usually, as this is not always the case, the school forgets to put your son/daughter on their email list, but either way I would still contact the school.</p>