I Have A 3.1 For My Freshman Year

So I got a 3.1 in my freshman year of college. For nursing that’s basically failing. There is a program here at Michigan State that requires an extra year of school but I would graduate with a bachelors in any science major and also a BSN. the competitive GPA for this program is a 3.5-3.6. So my question is, is it possible for me to boost my GPA up to a 3.6 - 3.7 in my sophomore and junior years? Can I bounce back from my disaster of a freshman year?

One additional option is to look for other health care careers that may not be as competitive for admission.

Any suggestions?

First, look at various majors and programs offered at your current university. You may find something you like better, that can make full use of the courses you have already completed. Talk to your college’s career counseling office.

Second, here is a list of health care occupations. Many people are not aware of all of the choices. Some of these occupations have better working conditions than RNs, particularly if they can work standard hours and not have to work holidays, overnights and weekends.

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home.htm