I love UW-M chances please!!!

<p>I have a 3.3 UW GPA and a Math 780, Writing 640, Reading 690 (2110)</p>

<p>my ecs are not really GREAT like some genetics research or anything....
-hospital volunteer,
-certified EMS (emergency medical service = first aid)
-clubs in schools
-features writer for school news paper (2 years)
-4 years of kendo (martial arts w/ bamboo-swords)
-blackbelt kendo
-1st place in US eastern kendo competition (twice),
-1st place in Korean-American Sports Festival ( I think it was Korean-American Olympics not sure)
-1st place in US national tournament
-Volunteer job to teach elementary/middle school kids in Math/Eng etc..</p>

<p>well thats about it for ECs...</p>

<p>for hooks of any sort
-1st in family to attend 4-year college
-gradual increase in HS grade...
Freshmen year = Bs Cs Fs
Sophomore year = all Bs and 1 C
Junior year= Bs As
hoping to get ALL As senior year</p>

<p>Well I didn't really take any honors classes until junior year... I am going to take AP HISTORY, AP CHEM, AP English, AP Calculus.</p>

<p>Thank you so much in advance..... and BTW how is UW-M in areas of Chemistry and Business? Thank you again!</p>

<p>also does me being a Korean-American from New Jersey help at all?</p>

<p>Business is okay, i'm not sure about chem. I'd go to US news and world report and check it out for myself. I know that Michigan and Berkeley are much higher on the list. #3 for Insurance studies. Please check us news. <a href="http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/rankbusiness_brief.php%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/rankbusiness_brief.php&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>when madison came to my school to talk about admissions, they said that they love seeing improvement in grades like that. I'm sure you'll be fine</p>

<p>The fact that you are out of state will make it harder, but your scores are fine. People at my Wisconsin school have gotten in with pretty low scores and such. I don't think your ethnincity has much weight at Madison. </p>

<p>Where else are you applying?</p>

<p>Chemistry is Top 10</p>

<p>i am also planning to apply to carnegie mellon and NYU .... but I would love to go to Wisconsin</p>

<p>intotherain, what r your reasons for wanting to go to Wisconsin? (I need some convincing for myself...)</p>

<p>Wisconsin :
Lower tuition fares compared to other private and public colleges.
Outstanding graduate dept in my intended major in biology.
Really great study abroad program. The most diverse in my list, trumping over some ivies and top publics.</p>

<p>no worries i think ur in as your sat scores (cr/math) are awesome</p>

<p>no worries i think ur in as your sat scores (cr/math) are awesome</p>

<p>agree with the above but get in contact with the admissions counselor just in case. I had a 1570 Math Verbal and a lower GPA (3.1) and was accepted.</p>