My chances?

<p>I've decided to apply to UW-Madison (well, I'm PRETTY sure I'm going to ;)). Stats...</p>

<p>OOS (Illinois)
GPA: 3.8/4.0 ... all honors classes
ACT: 29
Extracurriculars: Varsity Volleyball (3 years...captain senior year), Kid's Volleyball Camp (grades 3-8), Varsity Basketball (freshman year), Volunteer at Therapeutic Riding Center, Peer Mediator, etc.</p>

<p>Good recommendations.</p>

<p>Chances?</p>

<p>you're probably in! Great stats!</p>

<p>Thank you for the reply armo. ;) I know it's just one opinion, but I choose to believe it's THE opinion. haha</p>

<p>Keep your fingers crossed for me...I'm planning on sending my application in by Friday.</p>

<p>RodLo--Check out the lively debate on this CC thread about UW-Madison culture: "Coasties" vs locals at UW"</p>

<p>GoBlue:
Yep, I've read it...and had to lol at a fair amount of it. Issue or not...my decision won't be based off other people's opinions on that type of situation. It's hard to determine how I'd fair, simply because I do not know these people personally...so the way they act and feel about it all, could be COMPLETELY different from the way I would act or feel. Honestly, I feel like with a school as HUGE as UW-Madison, you're going to <em>eventually</em> find your niche...and then all that other stuff is completely unimportant.</p>

<p>True enough that big schools have many different paths you can take and each student reacts differently to the environment around them. I'm a UM-Ann Arbor graduate and know that from experience. But keep in mind, whether large or small, every "organization" is distinct and has it's own personality, so-to-speak. In the business world, they call that corporate culture. The same can be said for a university having it's own unique culture. While I agree that many of the posts on that Coasties thread have been amusing, it does speak to the larger issue that an organization, even a large one like UW, can't be all things to all people. Culture is one of those intangibles that either works for you or it doesn't.</p>