I want to change colleges before freshmen year

I am going to be an incoming freshmen in college. I put a deposit down for one college but do not want to go there anymore. I want to attend a college that I did not originally apply to. This college still accepts admissions in the summer but since I am out of school, I can not ask for my transcript. Someone please help me

One may still ask for records from their high school, by phone, e- mail, U.S. Postal mail. There may be a processing fee. The guidance counselor can inform you.

1 Like

Just because school is out doesn’t mean no one is in the school offices. Have you even tried to contact the school to request a transcript?

3 Likes

So apply to your school of interest, go through your transcript request process, get in, and then rescind your acceptance to the original school (if you can afford the new school).

You’ll lose your deposit, you might not get a good choice of dorms or classes, but you’ll be where you want!!

Not a complicated process here.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

There are definitely people still working at your high school. I suggest walking in, if you are nearby, as it might be easier to explain, but otherwise, just send an email to the guidance office at the school.

3 Likes

You may also be able to apply using an unofficial transcript if you have one and then get them the official transcript later in the process.

2 Likes