I want to transfer.

<p>After my first semester at George Mason University, I decided to work towards transferring to Virginia Tech. I plan on being there for the fall of 2010. After the first semester I got a 3.0 GPA with an A in french (six credits), and a C+ in the other classes (all 3 credits and they were gov 101, gov 132 and english 101. Next semester I am taking Math 105 at techs request along with English 201 at techs request. the other 3 classes are not at techs request, but there was only one other one they requested and it was a science but I couldn’t work it in. Do you think I will get in so I can transfer? Any advice?</p>

<p>Since you must have already talked to someone in the “know” you should ask them what happens if you are unable to get the science course they requested you take.</p>

<p>When Tech requested that you take those courses, did they say it would be a guaranteed admission? Did they only want a particular science course? Not any " lab" course for example…where you might have flexibility? Was the course simply not available, or did it conflict with one of the other requested courses?</p>

<p>If there is any way to work it in (take it at NOVA cc?) I suggest you do so…but, if you can’t at all, contact whomever told you what they were requesting you take, and ask what you should do/what you can expect if you apply.</p>

<p>You can take that in the summer can’t you??? Also a 3.0 seems low- what school are you trying to transfer into?</p>

<p>One thing I would tell you to do is to transfer in as a Summer 2010 student not a Fall 2010 student and to take some classes this summer. You never said why you were transferring or what program you are transferring into. Did you apply to Tech in high school? If so you didn’t you go and why did you pick GMU? I don’t think a 3.0 is that low and you should have no problem getting in.</p>

<p>most competitive applicants will present a GPA of 3.0 or better. In majors where applications exceed available space, such as architecture, business, communication, industrial design, and engineering, the competitive GPA may be even higher.</p>

<p>This is from their website. If you are going into a more competitive major- a 3.0 will more than likely not be high enough.</p>