IB AP Redundancy

<p>Hi! I'm a high school junior studying the full IB Diploma outside the US, and I was wondering if my subject list is a little redundant.</p>

<p>I take:
HL Economics
HL Math
HL Computer Science
SL Spanish
SL Physics
SL English</p>

<p>However, I'm also self studying AP microeconomics and AP Computer Science (I expect a 5.0 in both). I'm just not sure if colleges will give me credit for both AP Comp Sci and HL Comp Sci... or AP microecon and HL Economics. Is there any benefit of taking all 4 courses? </p>

<p>For example, if I were to get a 7 in HL Comp Sci and a 5 in AP Comp Sci, would universities give me credit for both? Or would it be the same as just taking one or the other?</p>

<p>Anyone…?</p>

<p>Which university? Each gives credit for IB and AP classes differently.</p>

<p>Thanks for replying!</p>

<p>Well i’m looking at Columbia (SEAS), Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, UC Berkeley, UPenn and maybe Brown.</p>

<p>Usually the info is on the website. At Columbia, each HL exam with a score of 6 or 7 is given 6 credits. Each AP exam with a score of 5 is given 3 credits. For both AP and IB credit, a total of 16 credits (one semester) can be awarded. I do not know about the other universities. You will have to search those.</p>